March 03, 2006

"Gimp Suits"

I recently hooked up this blog to a sitemeter, and it has given me the most awful inferiority complex. I'm haunted by this nagging sense that this is no way to make a career. After reading piles and piles of Cornell Woolrich stories, it dawned on me that blogging is just like pulp fiction in the 30's and 40's--a fast, cheap, dirty, talent-sapping and self-destructive cycle that drove writers to produce more and more and more while boozing themselves to death.

All this more and more and more worried me, until my sitemeter revealed to me that someone visited my website via Google UK after searching for the word "Gimp Suit." My legacy is assured. Knowing this, I can die happy--no pulp fiction doomed ending for me...

Continue Reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home